Wednesday 14 April 2010

Pearl Excess

My love for pearls both fake or real goes back a long time. The obsession though had started after I realized there was a jinx on all my paired possessions. I almost always have lost one of a pair and then lamented for days. For this reason I have started to stock up on them and have at times stopped myself from buying them in duplicates :D.

A beautiful set of Hyderabadi pink pearls gifted by a treasured friend now lay unused (lost), another fake set was lost in the snow last year and I even went to hunt for it the next day when the snow melted. All in vain of course.

This year has been particularly favorable in terms of gifts being bestowed on me. Leaking my love for them has done me very good. My folks gifted me an excellent pink pearl earrings on my Birthday, received a sea pearl pendant and a fake pearl ring from another friend in Zurich. And looking forward to more belated birthday gifts this month :-)

The Pearl indulgence shall continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment