Monday 19 April 2010

On a spiritual note

Have been trying to follow the Sudarshan Kriya more regularly and am feeling the effects already. Usually it takes a few months of dedicated practice to receive the full range of benefits. But for a start it revitalizes me at the end of the day and I feel stress free and energized. But more on this later, perhaps in another post. During one of the sessions, my mind started to wander towards Karma and what it means to me. Karma can be defined in various ways and very differently by different people. For good Karma, one has to make a conscious effort. In my opinion, to avoid bad Karma one needs to treat nature, animals and fellow human beings with compassion and respect. I also think it is important to treat oneself well, be honest, forgive people, forgive yourself, try to forget and move on. Basically negative energies tend to cling onto you and drag you down into an abyss of gloom and stress, in turn attracting more negativity. The farther one strives to stay from them the better it is for one’s constitution.
I have no idea how my earlier lives have been, the way I have acted and have been treated. But my present life is in my hands and I am thankful to be aware of it and to observe every moment of it. The key I feel, is to be in a conscious state, to stay as much as possible in the present and to continuously observe one’s thoughts and actions.
To be aware of a higher presence, to submit to it, to converse with it, share your feelings, make a connection and to feel the love can free one from the cycle of Karma. It is as simple and as difficult as investing in a meaningful unconditional friendship with another.

No comments:

Post a Comment