Sunday 6 March 2011

Nurturing Nature

There are so many trees in the forest,’
said Rakesh. ‘What’s so special about this
tree? Why do we like it so much?



We planted it ourselves,’ said
Grandfather. ‘That’s why it’s special.




Just one small seed,’ said Rakesh, and
he touched the smooth bark of the tree
that had grown. He ran his hand along
the trunk of the tree and put his finger to
the tip of a leaf.

I wonder,’ he whispered.
Is this what it feels to be God?


From Ruskin Bond's The Cherry Tree

3 comments:

  1. Dark as red a bird said...I wish to give my love to him...for that may i breathe my last breath ...for beauty comes from within...lovely love spreads itself..life is short and time is less...don't be selfish just express...obey the heart and follow his path...there is no way you will ever regret...fulfil the journey to get the best...life is a memory..do not detest...bounce the thoughts to reflect the dreams...nurture the moments to flow in the stream ...love is all I had ever seen....said the bird to the gorgeous queen...so let me be free and fly high....Try to endeavour ...shall not die..Defy the rules and undress love...for I wish to give my love to him so he gets his lovely queen!
    Totally inspired by you......may the charm and glory begin....let the Dawn and dusk sink....sing the song and love will ink...you are a charming lady who will not wink!
    For many more to read and bribe... looks like you just touched my inner sight...
    Eyeing your thoughts and dying to read....
    Cheers says bhumica, sweets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweets, welcome to the world of blogging. You need to start writing straightaway. I had not discovered this side of yours till last week ('That strain again'-which btw has me hooked ever since you uttered those lines!). Of course you need to start an 'affair' soon too ;)..if you know what I mean ;)
    Will miss you while catching 'Otello' at the Opera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. liked it specially the last two lines....

    ReplyDelete